The day self-driving cars could be hitting public roads on a large scale is sooner than you think. According to Yahoo Autos, Ford Motor Company is set to announce their partnership with Google on this unique venture at the Consumer Electronics Show in January 2016.
The debate on self-driving cars is anything but new. Many would say that self-driving cars could potentially be dangerous in the event of computer failure. On the other hand, supporters say that it could save the 81% of car crashes that are caused by human error. Regardless of which way you side on the issue, Ford and Google developing a partnership on autonomous vehicles brings Google’s self-driving technology and Ford’s ingenious vehicle engineering together to bring autonomous vehicles one step closer to our nation’s roads.
Believe it or not, this isn’t the first time that Google has been experimenting with its own self-driving systems. Google already has 53 test vehicles on the road in both California and Texas with a staggering 1.3 million miles in autonomous driving. The advantages of teaming up with Ford from Google’s perspective is that they will save millions of dollars in the research, development and engineering behind developing a vehicle to support the autonomous technology.
Being the first automaker to develop a partnership like this with Google puts Ford a cut above the rest in comparison to other automakers like Tesla, Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Volvo as they are working independently towards autonomous driving. With that in mind, Mark Fields, CEO of Ford Motor Company, announced in January 2014 that he believes somebody will introduce autonomous vehicles within the next five years.
What does this all mean though? It has been said that Ford Motor Company and Google will be working toward expanded safety technology meaning automatic braking and enabling hands-free operation of vehicles by automating functions like steering, braking and throttle control.
Crazy to think, right? Tell us what you think through our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram social channels. And don’t forget thatCJ Pony Parts is your go-to spot for the latest products and info on all things Mustang, EcoBoost and Bronco, so visit our website today!
Vea otros artículos de nuestro Magazine dineroclub.net
- Frases célebres de Henry Ford @alvarodabril
- ChromeBook, el portátil de Google y Samsung entra en la pelea por la Nube (Cloud Computing)
- Los colosos de internet y la batalla por el mundo digital por @alvarodabril
- Twitter prepara un nuevo servicio de video para transmisiones en tiempo real @alvarodabril
- #Hashtags, qué es y cómo se come ! – Aprende sobre @Twitter
- El futuro de las Redes Sociales y las compañías Web
- ¿ Cómo son los Datacenters de Google (Granjas de servidores) ?
- Google Colibrí, está preparado su sitio web? @alvarodabril
- Los Autos de Google sin chofer @alvarodabril
- Bob Parsons® 16 Rules for Success in Business and Life in General
- #Google Panda, el mayor cambio al algoritmo de búsquedas
- Google, simplemente sorprendente
- Doodle: Los grafitis de hoy!
- Las Matemáticas de Google
- Google Adwords Adsense