Increasingly, contractors and water quality companies are looking at technological solutions to see them through the pandemic, turning to cloud-based platforms that can support all aspects of business: sales, dispatch, customer service and reporting.
The most pressing needs so far have been about addressing remote work issues and the need for contactless technologies to help make customers feel safe. Businesses have to recognize that consumer needs and expectations have changed, and if they do not adapt, they will be left behind. A quality customer experience matters greatly. So, any technology needs to be able to increase customer convenience. This means looking for platforms that can help to:
- Make it easy to schedule and track appointments. Younger homeowners do not want to have to call a business to book an appointment. Make it easy to book online, whether through a Google Local Service integration, on the website or through a chat or text message.
- Keep customers updated. Do not keep homeowners in the in the dark about when a technician will arrive. If UPS or Grubhub can provide real-time updates to customers about when a package or food will be delivered, your business should be able to do the same. That is what consumers expect.
- Keep track of repeat customer information. When a business receives a request from a repeat customer, the CSR needs to be able to access all of their contact and payment information and service history immediately and conveniently. These details will improve customer interactions by office staff and help technicians provide a white-glove experience on the jobsite.
- Boost technician performance. Some platforms can help systemize diagnostic and analysis processes, ensuring consistent service no matter which technician is on a call. They can also give technicians immediate access to technical documentation and guides.
- Facilitate financing. Being able to easily integrate real-time financing into a service call will pay off. Companies and consumers are concerned about maintaining their reserves of their cash right now. So, now more than ever, making it easy for them to buy is an important workflow.
- Increase marketing ROI. Software can help companies better zero in on their target customers to allow them to be leaner and meaner with marketing dollars. Companies can ensure that marketing offers are going to the right people and be able to track results to see what kind of return on investment they are getting.